What a weekend! We had many exciting and not so exciting things happen over the holiday break:
CARPET:
New Carpet!! In the house!! It looks great! But...It was such a hassle to move everything out and then back in. Also, I have packed up all of my kitchen stuff and Ron and Jeanne replaced it with their things. There were boxes everywhere for like three days. It was total chaos. Couldn't find anything. But it was all worth it. Ron and Jeanne were finally able to unpack their storage room with all their furniture and things so everything is back to normal. It looks great.
SWOLLEN EYES:
While I was in California I bought some new under eye concealer at Sephora. It was a new brand I've never tried before. I chose it based on a recommendation from the girl that worked there. I did not use it until I got home and went to the Coldplay concert. Well needless to say three days later on Monday my eyes began itching a little. The next morning they were swollen and really itchy and I basically spent the whole week with puffy eyes and no make-up. I had no idea that I would be allergic to the make-up. But I guess this particular one doesn't like my skin. Now it is clearing up and I am able to go out among the people without looking like I'm on drugs. ;)
TURKEY:
Thanksgiving day was great. Lots of food, lots of family, lots of the undo-ing-of-the-pants-because-you're-so-full. It's one of my favorite holidays. Why? you ask? Think about it. It's the only day where you cook all the yummiest foods at once and you stuff your face all day long and never stop and you don't have to think twice about how fattening it is. Genius.
PAINT:
I didn't head out to any of the black friday deals. There wasn't anything I wanted to get. Plus I hate doing it. Instead, we helped paint my sister's (Gina) house. She is going to live in Provo once she gets married (ON FRIDAY!!) We had a great time painting. Their house is really cute and I'm very excited for them.
FEVERS:
Cade has been sick a lot since we have moved to Utah. What is it with this place? Anyhoo, he had a fever on Friday night and didn't sleep well at all that night. Saturday he was still warm and cranky. I'm thinking it was his teeth. Sunday he didn't go to church because I wasn't sure if he was coming down with something or not. Monday he was still cranky. And today he woke up with a cough. Oh lovely. I have a feeling there are more germs and sicknesses to come.
MATCH DAY 2015
10 years ago

8 comments:
Who would have thought you would be allergic to makeup? Go figure? I'm telling ya it sounds like Cade might be allergic to Utah. It looks like you will have to move back...lol j/k :) I hope he gets better soon but it sounds like it could be teething.
Sorry about the allergy. Send it back to me and I will return it for you if you want...
I am glad your thanksgiving was good, but the fevers and make-up reaction did not sound fun at all!
I didn't know Gina was getting married. How exciting for the family. She doesn't know me, and I don't really know her, but she is a darling girl. My niece Cali won the contest to be the official photographer at the cold play concert. She too loves them and I am definitely going to age myself by saying, "I don't even know who they are or what their music sounds like." Now if you talk about Barry Manilow or the Carpenters, I am totally there! :-)
Sorry about Cade. Matthew just came down with his first cold just last week. Thanks to Jackson for sharing. Wish we were hanging out. Now that Mattie is walking, he and Cade would have a blast.
I agree with Letti! Maybe Cade really is allergic to Utah. LOL!! Glad you had a good turkey day.
Thanksgiving was fun, but it is kind of balanced out with Cade getting sick because there was family there that was sick. The food was yummy though! Especially the rolls and the fruit salad ;)
Just ship that kid back here and I'll take care of him...no sickies here;)
Post a Comment