After two years of pain in Joe's stomach he finally got his gallbladder removed yesterday. It was quite an interesting procedure to remove it. There are four incisions made, one on the belly button, two to the left and one above the belly button. They fill the body cavity with air so the organs are "floating" and then they use a probe with a camera on it and navigate through the organs, find the gallbladder (which is only the size of your thumb) and suck it out through the belly button. Everything went well with the surgery but it took him about 8 hours to come out of the anesthesia and get over his nausea that came with it. He is home now, lounging on the couch. It's great because I feel like I better take it easy and rest, too. ;)
Hitting and not posing for pictures
And stealing food from Pa (and everyone else)Here are a few other topics on my mind that are of great importance to discuss:
Do flies ever sleep? And why do they always appear in your bedroom, fly by your ear and try to land on your head as soon as the lights go out?
Why do the characters in Star Wars have a British accent? Are they from Britain? Pretty sure they don't even know about earth since they live in a galaxy far, far, away.
And a few more serious thoughts
To my friends in California supporting Proposition 8, rock on. You are letting your voice be heard by voting. Lets hope and pray for victory and that the proposition may be implemented without being overturned.
And finally, I'm sure I speak for many of you when I say I am a little worried about the economic stimulus plan seeing as though they have already implemented parts of the plan and the only thing to show for it is a plummeting stock market and banks still too scared to lend money. It frustrates me that we have to feel the affects of stupid big bank owners, mortgage company giants and investor's inability to run major corporations that literally keep the economy afloat. Can we lower home rates, qualify safe home loans and give the small businesses the boost they need to help grow the economy from the "bottom"??? Guess all we can do is wait to see what else happens!

10 comments:
Wow what a fabulous picture of Joe!! haha Im glad hes feeling better.
I love your facial expression from Cade wacking you in the face, So something Melia does too!
Ugh! Glad he's done with that!!!
I have always wondered about the accents in Star Wars. LOL!
Joe looks like a lunch lady in that fabulous cap. Bless his heart. Congratulations?
Alls I gots to say about the economy is that I picked a fabulous time to be deliberately poor and underemployed. I'm pretty sure this thing is just getting started, bailout or no bailout.
Glad to hear Joe is doing well. Good questions and I agree with everything else. Yes we do need to get together this week. Just let me know.
basically you crack me up! I feel bad I didn't ask how the surgery went today... good i guess since he was back at work! And I love my hair!
was Joe already drugged up when that pic was taken? He sure looks loopy :)
I haven't been very good at keeping up with blogs...but I'm glad Joe is doing good! Hopefully this will cure all his tummy problems!
Good luck on the weather...it's supposed to be in the 90's here in good ole Cali!
As for Prop 8...last night I spent an hour calling registered voters encouraging them to vote yes and only one person wouldn't say what she was voting for. Otherwise the ones I actually talked to said they were voting yes...and a lot of them were Democrats! I was pleasantly surprised. I'm hoping that most people know in their hearts what is right!
I am glad the galbladder surgery went well. I had mine out 9 weeks after Tanner was born. Not fun, but well worth it!
Meech!
Just found your cute blog! It was so good to see you the other day at the salon. Cade is so cute!
XOXO, Meg
Meg!
i am so glad you posted a note. i've been meaning to tell you to add me to your private page forever! here's my email
michelletolboe@yahoo.com
It was so great to see you too!!
Post a Comment